Environmental Monitoring Testing Services
Environmental monitoring is a range of test methods used to identify and understand the microbial environment that exists within the manufacturing process.
The environmental monitoring process involves the analysis of surfaces, air, water and chemicals used within the manufacturing space.
By monitoring the manufacturing environment from a microbial perspective, control of contamination can be demonstrated, reducing the both the risk to products and possible sterilization failures.
Specification for class or grade of clean rooms are based on environmental monitoring as detailed in ISO 14644 or within the rules and guidance for pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors (USP or EP).
Environmental monitoring tests available
- Air samples: viable quantitative and qualitative, non-viable
- Microbial surfaces: contact and swabs
- Water testing: microbiological and chemical
- Compressed air monitoring: viable and non-viable
- Disinfectant qualification
Two flexible service options
- On-site monitoring package carried out by qualified STERIS Laboratories technicians at intervals and times suited to the Customer
- Monitoring “kits” and loan of testing instruments sent out, so Customers can perform their own monitoring
For both services, an initial site visit is available to discuss environmental monitoring requirements, sampling locations and to give guidance on the regulations covering clean areas (cleanrooms).
Consultancy, training and auditing
STERIS Laboratories offer consultancy, training or facility auditing to either ISO 14644 or GMP to assist in:
- Commissioning of cleanrooms
- Risk assessments
- Trending of data
- Establishing alert/action limits
- Developing microbial test programs for products, processes and environments
- On-site training courses in microbiological good practice within cleanrooms and environmental monitoring
Environmental monitoring and cleanroom certification is offered for:
- Medical device manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Packaging manufacture
- Raw materials production
Contact our team of experts to find out more about Environmental Monitoring